Maggot is lime-green with large pink lips.
Maggot often offers advice to Emily, though it is not always appreciated. He also is seen to be a very morbid individual, and seems to be fond of gore. He is also very protective of Emily, and threatens both Victor and Lord Barkis when he sences that they may be a threat to her.
Maggot and Black Widow were dating when Victor Van Dort and Emily were married. During the first half of the movie, Maggot commonly makes his residence inside Emily's head, either popping out of her ear or pushing out her loose eye to speak to her or others, much to Emily’s embarrassment.
After "Tears to Shed," he is only seen outside of Emily's body. He tries to help her sometimes, but is not always good received. While Emily laments about being dead, Maggot tries to console her and demeans Victoria, claiming that Emily is better in every way than her, although he ends up failing to convince her. Maggot is seen being picked up off the ground by Black Widow.
He's seen at Victoria Everglot's wedding party. The last time we saw Maggot is when he got stuck in the Land of the Living so that he can join Victor and Victoria's wedding. When Emily threw her bouquet, it landed in the hands of one of the living guests, while Maggot (who is in her shoulder) flirts with her after she catches it. Repulsed, the woman tosses the bouquet to Victoria and flees in fear. It is unknown what happens to Maggot afterwards, but he most likely finds a new corpse to live in since Emily moved on to Heaven.
- "Well, that's a great way to start a marriage." - To Emily inside her head while meeting Victor Van Dort.
- "Psst, hey, I think you dropped something". - After Emily loses her leg and falls down while dancing.
- "If I hadn't just been sitting in it, I would say that you'd lost your mind!" - To Emily waiting Victor in the woods.
- ”What does that wispy little brat have that you don’t have double?” - To Emily about Victoria during the song “Tears to Shed.”
- "You don't know me, but I used to live in your dead mother." - To an elderly woman in Victoria Everglot's wedding party.
- "Let me at him! Let me at him! Don't hold me back!" - To Elder Gutknecht about torturing Lord Barkis Bittern.
- "Not anymore" - A happy Maggot after Lord Barkis died, wanting to see his future torture.
- Main article: Maggot/Gallery
- Reitel's performance as Maggot is a parody of Austrian-born actor Peter Lorre.